Natural Energy booster
Resembling a cross between a melon and a pear, Pepino is a sweet fruit that is related to nightshades such as tomatoes and eggplant.
Pepino is a Spanish name which means sweet cucumber. In order to differentiate it from cucumber, it is always termed as Pepino. It is common throughout its native lands in South America, this fruit has been exported as far away as New Zealand and Turkey. This fruit tastes like honeydew melon and cucumbers both mixed together. Here are some health benefits:
- Pepino fruit is often termed as natural energy booster as it helps in you breaking down glucose in your body, so instead of stocked as fat, glucose will be optimally turned into energy.
- Pepino Melon can also help prevent cancer and diabetes plus lower cholesterol.
- Fresh Pepino helps to recover from stress and protects one from anxiety.
- Pepino melons are an excellent source of fiber which slows digestion, helping you feel longer.
- Pepino melon is a powerhouse of antioxidants that fight free radicals and prevent oxidization of the cell.
- Pepino melons are also sodium-free. Decreasing your daily intake of sodium lowers your blood pressure and reduces your risk of developing illnesses.
- Pepino fruit strengthens the walls of blood vessels, mitigates the risk of hemorrhage and normalizes blood pressure.
- Pepino fruit is safe to be consumed when your stomach is still empty as it doesn’t contain any acidic components. For this reason this fruit is considered as the best alternative for breakfast.