No, its not Jack-fruit. Revered in Southeast Asia as the “king of fruits,” Durian is relatively unknown to many countries outside Asia. Durian is the only fruit banned from airline cabins, hotels and public transportation due to its strong and pungent smell. Durian fruit is native to Borneo and Malaysia producing at least 11 native species. Here are some health benefits:
- Durian is naturally rich in Vitamin B6 which is essential for the production of serotonin which help to tide over depression.
- High levels of antioxidants in Durian in the form of Vitamin C help in optimizing immune system and strengthening it to provide protection from pathogens.
- Vitamin C is found in abundance in this fruit which aids in delaying aging.
- Durian is considered as the best substitute for citrus fruits in building a strong defense against viral diseases.
- The presence of manganese in Durian aids in the regulation and maintenance of blood sugar levels.
- Folic acid and Iron in Durian fruit can be used effectively to cure and prevent anemia.
- Durian is best suggested to maintain strong immune system supporting recovery from injuries.