A wise man once said, “When you think you have discovered 99% of what is available in the world, Nature slaps you hard with its unknown gifts yet to be discovered and all you know is less than 1%”
It is really fascinating to know something knew and sharing it really worth it. Here is one fruit called Langsat or Lanzones.
Langsats are small, translucent, orb-shaped fruits which are found in South east Asia mainly in India, Bhutan and Malaysia. Today Malaysia is the largest producer of Langsats, followed by Thailand, the Philippines, and Indonesia. In India you can find these in Nilgiri. Here are some benefits:
- Langsat fruit contains vitamin A that is essential for maintaining teeth and healthy bone. Our ancestor used this fruit to whiten the teeth.
- Langsats are a good source of natural antioxidants. In addition to Vitamin A, they also contain polyphenols that help breakdown free radicals that impacts aging.
- Langsat fruit helps in curing digestive tract problems. It being rich in fiber is good for gut health.
- Langsat fruit can be used as a alternative to sugar. It lowers blood pressure, and high blood pressure is the worlds leading cause of kidney disease.
- Langsat fruit is also known for treating fever and cold. It contains vitamin C, which helps in reducing flu and cold symptoms.
- Langsat tree especially the bark can be used as medicine to treat insect bites or scorpion bites. To use the bark of fruit: start by taking the starch stored in the tree bark. Starch is then applied to the part bitten by insects or scorpions and left to dry up. I never knew this.
- Due to high Vitamin A, Langsat fruit extract can be used to lighten our skin. Daily consumption will improve our skin quality.