Vallarai (Centella asiatica or Pennywort) – A healthy brain tonic
Vallarai or Gotu kola is a healthy herbaceous herb native to South east Asia. Vallarai is a Tamil name and is said to be in use for thousands of years in the traditional Indian medicine. Vallarai got its name from the word Vallamai(Power) as out ancestor believed that this herb helps in boosting up our brain. Every ancient fact amazes us as they found all of these benefits without technology. Here are some awesome health benefits:
- Vallarai is best known to re-vitalize the brain and nervous system, increase attention span and concentration, combat aging and improves blood circulation.
- Vallarai can prove helpful for the people who cannot focus on a particular thing improving their mental clarity.
- Vallarai a blood purifier, used for treating high blood pressure and said to promote longevity.
- Vallarai can also be used to treat hair fall and baldness. Just by adding the juice with natural oil and applying daily on hair can reduce hair fall or drink it by adding it in your daily milk for two months, you will see the difference.
- Vallarai has cooling effect on body because of which it pacifies Pitta and relieves hyperacidity, ulcers.
- It is believed that our ancestors ate this plant during pregnancy to improve baby’s memory. I wonder why it is not followed in current generation.
- Women who are suffering from postnatal depression can intake Vallarai herb to relieve stress and depression.
- According to Ayurveda, Vallarai has been used to treat various sexual problems in men and women.