Coconut is said to be originated in South east Asia, India including Srilanka and Maldives being the center of cultivation over the ages. Currently Philippines is recognized as the leading nation in the world for coconut production. Despite the name the coconut is botanically considered a fruit.
Tender coconut water has been regarded as a miracle drink and considered the best drink to beat the summer heat and a natural drink of all time for an instant boost of energy. It forms naturally in the fruit and contains 94% water. Here are some healthy benefits:
- Best for Hydration – Coconut water is traditionally used to treat dehydration digestion, urination, and even semen production. Coconut water is recognized as more hydrating than pure water.
- Best Sports drink –Due to its natural electrolytes, Coconut water make a solid match for traditional sports drinks like Gatorade. Coconut water helps in replenishing the lost electrolytes during the intense work out.
- Drink anytime – You can enjoy it anytime, but drinking it in the morning on empty stomach helps in boosting your immunity, kick-starting your metabolism and facilitating weight loss.
- Resolves stomach issues – Coconut water contains more calcium and magnesium that made it a traditional remedy for upset stomach. Coconut water contains tannins, which are known to reduce inflammation.
- Healthy heart – Studies have shown that coconut water can reduce the risk of heart attacks, lower blood pressure, and hypertension. They say Coconut water once a day can improve cardiovascular health.
- Best drink after last meal – Drinking coconut water at bedtime may help in flushing out all the toxins and cleansing your urinary tract, thus preventing infections.
- Kidney stone prevention – Water is an important source to prevent kidney stones. Coconut water can be the best alternative as it reduces the amount of crystals deposited in the kidneys preventing the formation of stones.
- Regular bowel movements – As the research says bowel regularity is the foundation of physical health. The soluble fiber in coconut water helps regulate bowel movement reducing the accumulation of toxic substances.
- Helps Pregnancy – Drinking coconut water during pregnancy keeps the blood volume regulated, prevents dehydration and also prevents constipation.
Note: When you drink coconut water directly from a freshly cut coconut, It is as clean and pure a drink as you can get. It does not contain any artificial preservatives, nor does it need any additives to make it palatable.
As far as I know Coconut water is the only drink that has no side effects. It is delicious, healthy and a natural beverage for us….!!