Depression is an abnormal emotional state, a mental illness that affects our thinking, emotions, perceptions, and behaviors in pervasive and chronic ways. It feels like nothing in the world can make you feel better.
Depression is more than just feeling sad or low. It is a serious illness caused by changes in brain chemistry. I had no idea how it feels to be depressed until I become depressed. I have been to series of depression in every stage of my life, So I feel I m experienced enough to suggest tips to overcome it. I want to share what I do whenever I feel low.
- Exercise – It doesn’t matter how bad the day goes, just 15 to 30 mins of workout everyday makes a difference in my mood. Be it is sadness or anger a normal workout will change your mood in a span of 20 minutes.
- Eat your favorite food – This may seem like not the effective one, but as far as I experienced, Eating your favorite could be one of the best mood changer. I know when you feel depressed you don’t like anything and anyone, but I suggest try this and this will sure distract you.
- Cycling or Bike riding – Be it is cycling or Bike riding, just 15 mins ride can reduce the levels of cortisol in the body which is a stresss hormone in our body. It makes you feel so light after a small ride ignoring everything that goes inside your confusing mind.
- Never isolate yourself – When depressed, you won’t like to interact with people and mostly try to keep quiet at one corner. Never allow yourself to indulge in the thought that you are less than anyone else. What I do is go out and just watch the kids play near my home. When they allow you to play with them, you can truly realize that depression was nothing just your mind confusing itself. They got more to teach you than all your experiences.
- Do not sleep more – People always assume sleeping will ease them, wrong. After a long sleep first thing you lose his your activeness, second you will have no change in your mood whatsoever.
Try to wake up early in the morning and go for a walk. Nothing helps you better to overcome depression than waking up early.
- Identify and rectify – Try to identify what made you depressed go talk to your closed ones and share about it. Talking is a way to release the feelings and to receive some understanding. It doesn’t matter if you don’t get a solution, sharing will ease your pain. It doesn’t matter if you can’t solve the problem letting out those feelings will turn you positive.
- Focus on what you are good at – If depression has you noticing only the negative, make an effort to notice the good things in life. Think about the good things you have done, think about good friends who made you feel good. Be patience nothing goes away in one second.
- Stop thinking about future – We often fear about the future and its uncertainty. Have faith in tomorrow understand the fact the future depends on our present situation. Focus on your present that will increase your mental energy.
Conclusion: Depression is not something, that is impossible to change. Just follow these advises once and all for the change. These may not be the permanent solution but sure these tips can help prevent your depressed state going further worse. As they say change is the only thing that don’t change….Happy Blogging..!!