Here comes my favorite fruit. Yes fruit, unlike its name, Strawberry is actually a accessory fruit. Being originated in France, Strawberries are one of the most popular berry fruits in the world. I would say I am a big fan of strawberry not only because its delicious but also for its wide range of health benefits.
First I will go with the facts, then benefits.
Strawberries are the only fruit that wear their seeds on the outside.
The reason Strawberries aren’t berries while termed as a fruit because technically a berry has its seeds on the inside.
There are approximately 200 seeds on an average strawberry.
Strawberries are the first fruit to ripen each spring.
The strawberry plant is a perennial. If you plant one, it will grow back year after year.
- Strawberries have high levels of heart-healthy antioxidants like ellagic acid and flavonoids that improves heart function and lower the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- Strawberries are an excellent source of vitamin C and due to this reason they fast-working antioxidant and makes your immunity powerful.
- Again due to its high content of antioxidants, strawberries protect brain cells from damage due to free radicals. I would say any food that ends with berry has this credit.
- Using strawberry masks regularly can keep the skin fresh and clean.
- It is said that consuming strawberries during pregnancy will improve mother’s health as it can prevent neural tube defects and help in development of baby’s brain, skull and spinal cord.
- You can also use strawberries to whiten your teeth as it contains malic acid, which acts as an astringent and removes tooth discoloration.
- Adding strawberries in your daily diet may help lower your risk of developing breast cancer.
- Most importantly specially for men, if you want a healthy sex life, strawberry should be your first option. Strawberries benefit your heart and arteries – both of which enhance circulation crucial for a healthy sex life.