Do you guys know there is no naturally occurring blue food, even Blueberries are purple.
Native Americans were the one who found this super food early in 18th century. This delicious food is considered as favorite for many people due to its sweet taste. Here are some stunning benefits of blueberries:
- Blueberries are said to be the king of Antioxidants. It protects our body from free radicals and help prevent cell damage.
- Research says that consuming blueberries regularly can help prevent DNA damage thus helps against aging also. Anthocyanin in blueberries prevent wrinkles, age spots and acne.
- Eating just 3 servings of blueberries per week can help reduce the risk of heart attack.
- Blueberries are so rich in fiber that helps lower the blood sugar levels thus treating diabetes as well.
- Blueberries are a good source of Vitamin C that is necessary for growth and development of tissues.
- Anthocyanins in blueberries is also said to be beneficial in healthy lung function.
- Scientists have found that adding blueberries in your daily diet could have a significant impact on cardiovascular health, cancer prevention, and brain power.
- It is always recommended to have blueberries in spring and summer months.
Blueberries are proof that, when it comes to health benefits, good things really do come in small packages.