Coconut oil has been used for centuries in hair and its unique fat composition makes it especially beneficial for certain hair types. Coconut Oil is said to be originated in 16th century around south east Asia.
Most of us are already aware of the benefits. Here I would like to share some unknown facts about this nourishing oil.
- Coconut oil is a stable oil that doesn’t break down easily like other oils in higher temperature.It is best for cooking eggs and grain free bakes.
- Our ancestors used this oil as an anti-aging facial moisturizer for years.
- It is officially proven that daily intake of coconut oil can help improve sleep. If you ask your grandparents they would tell you that they added coconut oil in their daily food that kept them healthy for years.
- My grandfather used coconut oil as a natural shave cream and suggested it can be used as an after shave lotion too.
- If you’re looking for a natural way to improve your skin, apply coconut oil on daily basis to see the results.
- Our ancestors suggested that coconut oil can be used to treat stretch marks during pregnancy.
- Studies show that coconut oil may help increase thyroid health because of its unique combination of nourishing properties.
Natural(Virgin) vs Refined oil – Oil extracted from Coconut fresh coconut that undergoes no bleaching is termed as pure(Virgin). Where as
Refined coconut oil means coconuts are baked prior to the oil being extracted that is often tasteless and no coconut flavor. This is what is cheaper and widely available in market.
Make sure to use Natural coconut oil when it comes to skin care. When it comes to cooking refined coconut oil works best.