Papaya is one of the healthy tropical fruit that is delicious loaded with nutrients. It’s believed that papaya is native to tropical America, with early origins in Mexico and South America.
Pros of eating Papaya
- Papaya contains vitamin C, potassium, antioxidants, and fiber, which helps keep your arteries healthy and promotes blood flow thus protecting your heart.
- Papaya is said to have anti-cancer properties due to its ability to reduce free radicals that lead to progression of cancer.
- Papaya contains nutrients like lutein, zeaxanthin, vitamin C, and vitamin E, which can protect the eyes and help prevent eye diseases
- Papaya has been used traditionally for the treatment of digestive disorders. It is used for the treatment of skin diseases such as cuts, rashes and stings.
- In addition to keeping your body healthy, papaya can also help your skin look more toned and youthful. If you want a fair skin then Papaya should be the first choice.
- Raw papayas contain a lot of heat that help in stimulating the production of estrogen in the body, which results in normalizing periods. Even Doctors suggest papaya to be the best home remedy to control irregular periods.
Cons of eating Papaya
- If the papaya is eaten in more amounts, it can adversely affect your skin because the beta-carotene present in the fruit can produce discoloration of the skin.
- Pregnant ladies should not eat papaya as it can cause abortion.
- Having large quantities of papaya orally can damage your esophagus, the food tube that connects your throat to your stomach.
- It is not recommended to eat papaya during periods and empty stomach as it can cause over flow of bleeding as it contains a lot of heat.