This high fiber vegetable is known for its high soluble and insoluble fiber content. Lady’s finger(Okra) is widely available in Asian countries and is considered to be originated around Ethiopia in 12th century.
It is generally longish, slim, light green in color, slightly bent, and has a tapering end which resembles the finger of a woman. Because of this reason the name Lady’s finger arose.
“Bhindi” is an hindi name which symbolize some aspects of the Hindu culture, but from the beginning it has always been a red dot worn on the forehead, most commonly to represent a married woman.
No Matter how you consume this little green vegetable you can reap the health benefits any time of the year.
- Okra is said to be the best remedy in reducing the high protein level in the urine preventing kidney related disease.
- Drinking Okra water daily in the morning helps in controlling high blood sugar level due to its high fiber content.
- Consumption of Okra can help in prevention of breast cancer and tumor cells.
- Okra is highly recommended for women during the preconception period or pregnancy as it can reduce the neural tube defects in a newborn baby.
- Adding Okra in your every meal can also treat Asthma. Doctors strongly suggest to consume okra to their Asthma patients.
- Okra is rich in antioxidants that helps prevent cancer, heart diseases, and premature aging.
- The nutrients found in okra actually help prevent skin pigmentation. It is useful for rejuvenating your skin and repairing damages.
- If you are looking for a natural hair conditioner then okra will be the first choice. You can just massage the watery mucilage through your hair and rinse with water.
If you ask your grandparents, they will tell you more health benefits than available online.