They are believed to have originated in middle east probably around Iraq, and have been cultivated since ancient times from Mesopotamia to prehistoric Egypt. Initially it was used to make date wine by Ancient Egyptians. Here are some awesome health benefits of dates:
- Fiber is the most important thing in the body for our overall heath. Dates are rich in fiber and promotes regular bowel movements by contributing to the formation of stool.
- Dates are a strong source for proteins that help us in staying fit, and even keep our muscles strong.
- Dates are free from cholesterol. Adding these in moderate level in daily diet can control your cholesterol level.
- Dates consumption can improve our brain function preventing plaques from forming in the brain.
- Dates are one of the best alternative for refined sugar. No wonder
high rate of diabetes and obesity is because of excess sugar intake which is mostly refined. Dates contain natural sugars such as glucose and fructose that will keep your energy levels healthy.
- Dates are said to be wonder food for healthy bones and also preventing conditions such as osteoporosis.
- Dates also prevent the accumulation of melanin in your body making you look younger for ages.
- Dates can promote natural labor for pregnant women when consumed during the last few weeks of pregnancy.
Note: They’re high in sugar and calories, so eating too many can result in weight gain.