Foods that causes Kidney stones
Kidney stones form when certain chemicals become concentrated enough in the urine to form crystals. Certain foods and drinks contain chemicals that can lead to these crystals. It forms when calcium in your urine combines with oxalate. It is suggested that we should limit below foods to avoid formation of those painful crystal. These are some foods and drinks which contain more oxalate.
- Baked potatoes that too when you eat it with its skin
- Cocoa powder
- French fries
- Sweet potatoes
- Soft drinks mainly Coke and Pepsi
- Too much red meat
- Almonds and other nuts
As the quote says, “Prevention is better than cure”
- Drink plenty of water. It will dilute the substance that lead to stones. One of my friend in medical hospital said me once, “If you don’t drink water once in every one hour, then you are killing your Kidney”
- As above cause says too much red meat can create chaos. Limit your intake of red meat, sea foods which will help you to reduce the level of uric acid.
- Follow low-sodium diet to avoid formation of more amount of calcium in your urine.
- I don’t hate soft Coke and Pepsi, but when it comes to health I won’t compromise. Soft drinks are unlikely to trigger kidney stones unless consumed in extremely high amounts.
As long as foods are consumed within limit, we are safe.