Curry leaves(kadi patta/Kariveppila)
Curry leaves have always been sought after for their unique flavor and usefulness in cooking, popularly used in India for its aroma and striking taste, but there are also a number of health benefits that make them highly appealing. These leaves are a source of nutrients, most importantly folic acid which helps the body to absorb iron and helps stave off anaemia. Here are some health benefits:
- Curry leaves are a good sources of iron and calcium hence used as a medicine to treat calcium deficiency and several other conditions.
- Curry leaves can be used for treating an upset stomach. You can grind dried curry leaves and add it to buttermilk. Drink it on any empty stomach for dealing with diarrhea and dysentery.
- Curry leaves are rich in Vitamin A that can prevent early onset of cataract thus beneficial for eye sight.
- The roots of Curry leaves are used for treating body aches and the bark is used for snake bite relief.
- The paste of the leaves can be applied to burns, cuts, bruises, skin irritations and insect bites for a quick recovery and clean healing.
- Most importantly dry Curry leaf powder mixed with oil can be applied to your hair. Curry leaves can stimulate hair follicles and promote growth of healthy strands with normal hair pigment. I personally suggest this remedy as I have experienced it.
I believe Curry leaves benefit is the most beneficial health tip I have ever posted till now..